Sunday, March 08, 2009

The times they are a changing...

Well, actually daylight saving time has changed again and this time we've jumped ahead an hour. I hate it. Why do we do this? Is it really about farming? I mean how many more eggs can get layed, and do the cows really care if they're ambling home in the dark in the winter months? Which brings me to the question, should man mess with mother nature? I don't think so. I truly believe there are reasons for everything in life and we shouldn't mess with what is a pretty perfect plan.

Anyway, enough grumbling. I'm on to my second cup of coffee so I'll be fine in another half hour. The problem for me is I know getting into bed the night before that it is going to be different the next day, so I spend half of it tossing and turning and checking the clock. It's the night before quality of sleep that gets me confused not the missing hour. : )

What else has been happening in my life? Not much. I've been reading a lot. Almost a book a day. Am I hiding from the world, you ask? Well, I'm kind of stuck on my last third of the book (remember I'm not writing this one with an outline, I've gone back to my seat of the pants writing). The last act is usually the most intense, exciting part to write, because everything is coming together. Except for now. I'm going to have to backtrack and change a few things because some step has obviously been missed. Last night I watched two back to back movies and I got a flash of recognition of what that missing element is. Today I'm excited to get started. But first I'm taking the dog for a long walk to think it through. I think it's right, I think it's right, I think...

No comments: