Monday, July 18, 2011

Healing.

It has been a while since I posted, sorry. A quick update. The leg is healing slowly but still swells if I sit at the computer for too long. I'm sure in another week or so I'll be back to normal.

In the meantime I've been working on updating my website and blog. I'll have a new WordPress site soon, a new internet home, all sparkly and clean and pretty. I believe it's user friendly too, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm loving my purchase of a Kindle and it became my go to medication when I could barely hobble around. I've read a ton of books these past two weeks. Top of the list so far has been, Dreams of Joy, by Lisa See, and Lucien's Fall, by Barbara Samuel. Both great stories that left me wanting more at the end. You can't ask for better than that in a book.

My latest manuscript is coming along well. I'm enjoying the process and the way my characters are showing themselves on the page. Plus, I've gotten a few submissions out for the last book, entered a few contests, and pitched to a couple of editors and agents. It's all good.

4 comments:

Christine Leo said...

Wow you've been busy... "Plus, I've gotten a few submissions out for the last book, entered a few contests, and pitched to a couple of editors and agents"

I hope someday I can be that productive! Way 2 go!!!

Robena Grant said...

Thanks for dropping by Christine. I tried to comment on your blog but it kicked me off.
And yes I'm productive but remember you have a day job, and a hubs. ; )

Lynne Marshall said...

Great news all around, Robena. thanks for the book recommendations, and I'm glad to hear your leg is healing and your manuscript is moving right along.

Life sounds good. :)

Robena Grant said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lynne. Yep, I'm almost healed. This week I'm starting back at the gym...slowly, of course. ;)