Thursday, August 03, 2006

I can't believe it's August already ...

... what happened to July?

Oh yeah, I went to RWA National, in Atlanta. And I worked like a dog in advance to get my manuscript ready. Good news, I did get a request from an Agent and another from an Editor. This is my first shot at writing Romantic Suspense, so fingers and toes are crossed. They both know the manuscript isn't quite completed. I was honest about that. I'll submit the first three chapters then take off to Australia where my story is set and will take my laptop with me. I'm visiting the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef and will feed some of the setting, texture, adventure, through the mid to last chapters. By the time I get home the story will need one more fine tuning and it will be good to go. This one will be my golden Heart entry for 2007.

National was good, I worked like crazy. My best buddies were on different tracks this year so most of the evenings they were off doing the private parties and having fun. *Sigh* It was a bit odd at first. I did get to meet several of the Cherry Bombs though, and that was cool. We'd been blogging all year on the Jenny Crusie/Bob Mayer blog, and were total strangers, so it was fun to put names and faces together.

I attended the President's Retreat, the PRO Retreat, the Annual General Meeting, worked the Literacy evening boxing up books and the following night making money for our chapter at the Moonlight Madness Bazaar. There really wasn't much time for socializing. The ladies in my chapter are amazing and it's such a pleasure to work with them.

The Awards Ceremony on Saturday night was fabulous. I personally think it was the best ever. The amazing Nora Roberts was the M.C. and RWA President Gayle Wilson did a fabulous roast of author Susan Elizabeth Phillips. What a fun night.

And now I'm off to do it all again at RWAust. It will be fun to meet up with Aussie writers in Brisbane. Will report back on my adventure in the tropics next month. Have a great summer!

No comments: